(Emmanuel – relearning the story of Jesus – Advent 2010)
Currently listening to: “O Come O Come Emmanuel” by: High Street Hymns
1. “Angels We Have Heard on High” (Chris Tomlin version)
2. “God of Ages” by: Hillsongs United
3. “Mighty to Save” (Reuben Morgan)
4. “O Love That Will Not Let Me Go” by: Robbie Seay Band
– Advent reading a candle lighting –
5. “Joy to the World (unspeakable joy)” by: Chris Tomlin
I love the Advent season. I didn’t used to though. I’ve always thought allot of christmas songs were depressing but in recent years there seem to be more new versions of old hymns and new songs popping up. Plus many of our regular songs now work as great advent songs. Maybe it’s just because I’m growing up. I say that tentatively. I have much growing up still to do that’s for sure. What’s recently hit me hard is Robbie Seay Bands remake of the hymn “O Love That Will Not Let Me Go”. I’ve always loved the text to this one but the music has always left me blah. Robbie Seay ‘s remake of this classic is simply stellar. Musically it’s complicated and beautiful and lyrically he’s taken a great song and made it better with a gorgeous and powerful chorus that I think makes it very useful for Advent. Check it out. You won’t regret it.
Can’t wait for next Sunday! I wonder if Santa is bringing iPads to anyone?